Closures of streets and city government offices on Labor Day weekend | City of Hendersonville, North Carolina
Closure of streets and city government offices on Labor Day weekend
From Friday, September 2 through Monday, September 5, the 76th Annual North Carolina Apple Festival will take place in downtown Hendersonville. This event includes street closures that will begin Thursday, September 1 at 2:00 p.m. Main Street will be closed to traffic between Kanuga/Caswell and 7th Avenue, with the avenues remaining open until 5:00 p.m. Main Street to 7th Avenue will be closed until Monday, September 5 after the parade and festival cleanup.
Festival-goers must leave pets comfortably at home.
More information can be found at https://www.ncapplefestival.org/
Hendersonville Farmers Market
On Saturday, September 3, the Hendersonville Farmers’ Market will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. along Maple Street adjacent to the historic railroad depot. More information can be found at https://www.hendersonvillenc.gov/events/hendersonville-farmers-market
The Apple King Parade
On Monday, September 5, the King Apple Parade will take place in downtown Hendersonville at 2:30 p.m. Street closures beyond the Main Street Festival closure will take place to accommodate the parade route and parade staging areas.
Parade Street Closures:
September 5 at 11 a.m.:
- Southbound traffic heading downtown on Asheville Hwy (US-25) will be diverted to Fleming St for connections to Hwy 64 W and Church St
- Church St will be closed from 5 points to 7th Ave W
- Oakland St closed between Asheville Hwy (US-25) and 6th Ave W (US-64)
- 9th Ave from Fleming St to Oakland St
September 5 at 2:15 p.m.:
- Immediately prior to the parade, additional portions of Main Street will be closed from its south intersection with King Street to the north intersection of Main Street at 5 points for the parade route.
- Motorists approaching the parade area will be directed to a detour route. Commercial truck traffic entering 4 Seasons Blvd (US-64) will be rerouted via Duncan Hill/Signal Hill to reach Asheville Hwy (US-25).
Additional information for parade participants and spectators is available at https://www.ncapplefestival.org/
Closure of the government office
City of Hendersonville government offices will be closed on Monday, September 5, 2022 for Labor Day. Garbage, recycling and brush collection for City of Hendersonville patrons will not take place on Monday, September 5th due to the city’s Labor Day holiday schedule. Collection for Monday customers will be delayed for one week and collection will resume on Monday, September 12, 2022. Any additional bagged bins from Monday customers will be picked up on September 12.
For water/sewer issues occurring September 5, please use the after hours number at (828) 891-7779.