Good news! Central government pensioners can now submit a life certificate on this date
The extension of the deadline for submitting the life certificate for central administration pensioners follows the current Covid-19 pandemic.
The central government has extended the deadline for the submission of life certificate by central government retirees to February 28, 2022. Previously, the last date for submission of life certificate (Jeevan Pramaan) was December 31, 2021. The extension of the Deadline for submission of life certificate for central government pensioners until 28 February 2022 is as a result of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
In accordance with the memorandum of the office of the Ministry of Public Claims and Staff Pensions, in view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in various states and in view of the vulnerability of the elderly population to Corona virus, it has been decided to extend the existing schedule of 31.12.2021 for the submission of the life certificate for all age groups of retirees.
From now on, all central government retirees can submit a life certificate until 28.02.2022. During this extended period, the pension will continue to be paid by the Pension Disbursement Authorities (PDA) without interruption.
Every central government retiree must submit an annual life certificate in November to continue receiving their pension. Previously, in order to allow an additional exclusive window for very old pensioners, the government allowed pensioners in the 80+ age group to submit an annual life certificate from October 1, instead of November 1, every year. Submission of digital life certificate by retirees started on October 1, 2021
Here are five different modes available for a retiree to submit an annual life certificate.
1. The life certificate can be registered by the pension payment banks (PDA), if the pensioner physically presents himself in front of the PDA.
2. A retiree’s personal appearance will not be required if the retiree presents the Certificate of Life form signed by any “designated official”.
3. Retirees can submit life certificate online from home via Jeevan Pramaan portal. The UIDAI has provided details of all biometric devices authorized to capture a person’s biometric data. Retirees can visit the UIDAI website for information on all of these devices.
4. India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) of Department of Posts and Meity have launched Doorstep service for submission of digital life certificate through Postman.
5. There are 12 public sector banks that perform “home banking” for their customers in 100 major cities across the country under the Banking Reform Facility.
Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay up to date with the latest Biz news and updates.